5 Tips to Download Private YouTube Videos Easily
When saving videos from YouTube to your PC or phone, you can watch them without an internet connection. It is ideal for leisure on planes, trains or trips to places with poor mobile internet access.
In this article, we will show you how to download private YouTube videos to your PC or mobile phone.
Are you interested in the crypto sphere? Find out the best YouTube channels about crypto here.
Download private YouTube videos easily
Method 1: Using 4K Video Downloader
For those who are looking for a free tool and do not want to put up with advertising, the 4K Video Downloader program is suitable. The application itself is pleased with the wide support for desktop systems: there are versions for Windows, macOS and Ubuntu. For this article, the program was tested on Mac, but the interface of all versions is identical.
First of all, download the program from the official developer’s website (the OS is detected automatically, you can select another one in the upper right corner.) Install it by following the prompts on the screen.
- 1. Find the desired video, channel or playlist and copy the link to it.
- 2. Click on the “Insert Link” button. The program will automatically pull up the address of the video from the clipboard.
- 3. If you have selected a video, adjust the download quality. The file size will be indicated next to each option.
Here you can also select audio extraction, as well as the ability to download a subtitle (for this they must be available for this video.) If you have selected a channel or playlist, first select the videos you need, and then configure the download parameters in the same way.
You can download only one video at a time, but you can add several videos to standby mode at once — they will be downloaded in turn.
And that’s it! Now it remains only to wait for the download to finish.
How to download private videos from YouTube using 4K Video Downloader
Some videos with limited access are not suitable for downloading in the usual way. But this can be circumvented. Here’s how to do it in 4K Video Downloader.
- 1. Open the app and click on the “Settings” tab.
- 2. Log in to your YouTube profile via Google. Make sure that you have selected an account with access to the desired video.
- 3. Find the video or playlist you need and copy the link to it.
- 4. Click on the “Insert Link” button. The program will automatically pull up the address of the video from the clipboard.
- 5. Configure the desired resolution and format, then click “Upload.”
This feature is also suitable for downloading videos from playlists you have created that are closed to other users.
Advantages of 4K Video Downloader
- Support for most popular video and audio services: in addition to YouTube, these are Twitch, Vevo, Facebook, Tumblr, SoundCloud, Flickr and more.
- Download entire channels and playlists.
- Download in original quality and resolution up to 8K.
- The ability to download subtitles and annotations in several languages to one video.
- Downloading an audio track without a video.
- Speed limit function: If you want to download videos from YouTube and play online in parallel, you can reduce the download speed up to 50 Kbit/s.
- The ability to use a proxy to download videos blocked in your country.
- Download 3D and 360-degree videos.
- Ease of use: no advertising, the operation process is intuitive.
- Free download of up to 30 videos per day.
Method 2: Using “ss” before YouTube address
- 1. Go to YouTube and search for the video.
- 2. In the URL bar of the video after www. and before youtube, insert “ss. “
- 3. Press Enter and wait until you are taken to another page.
- 4. Scroll down and find the video screensaver. There will be a Download button next to it. Click on it. There you can also choose the format and quality of the video.
Then a new page will open, and the video will start downloading to the PC.
Method 3: Using the program in the browser
This method is suitable for those users who want to download videos in high quality.
- 1. Go to the browser on your computer and enter the phrase “download video from YouTube” or “Download YouTube video” in the search bar.
- 2. Next, you need to choose a suitable service from the proposed results. These can be: ClipConverter, VDYoutube, Savefrom, Y2mate, Notube. These programs work in the same way. Consider the example of Savefrom.
- 3. Go to YouTube and use the search form to find the video.
- 4. Copy the URL.
- 5. Go to Savefrom, paste the URL into the video link form, and click the “Download” button.
- 6. Scroll down and find the video screensaver. There will be a “Download” button next to it.
- 7. Click on it. There you can also choose the format and quality of the video.
Then a new page will open and the video will start downloading to the PC.
Method 4: Using a smartphone
The smartphone uses the method with programs in the browser. But you can also download videos through special applications.
There are no programs in Google Play through which you can download videos from YouTube to your device. But such programs are downloaded through third-party services.
- 1. Select one of the applications: Air, 4K Video Downloader, Snaptube, or InsTube. Follow the links and download them to your phone.
- 2. In the service, select YouTube from the drop-down list.
- 3. You will open YouTube in the web version. Use the search bar to find the video you want to download.
- 4. Open it and click on the lightning icon at the bottom of the screen.
- 5. You will be asked to choose the file quality. Make a choice and click the Fast Download button.
Method 5: Using iPad or iPhone
There are also no programs in the App Store through which you can download videos from YouTube. Here you can use the Safari browser and download content through the programs mentioned in the paragraph about the PC. These are ClipConverter, Youtube, Savefrom, Y2mate, Notube.
Also suitable for iOS applications that are recommended in the part about smartphones: Airy, 4K video downloader, Snaptube, InsTube.
In the article, we have listed several working ways to download private videos from YouTube. Therefore, each of you can choose and use the method that he liked the most.