Is SurveyMonkey Truly Anonymous?
SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular online services for conducting surveys. With this service, you can get information about your target audience and determine customer satisfaction with goods and services.
Back in 2015, its users numbered about 25 million people. The company’s name was mentioned in the Forbes Unicorn list (startups that have reached a capitalization of more than $1 billion fall into this list). Among the regular users of this service are such business giants as Facebook, Virgin America, Kraft Foods, and Samsung.
SurveyMonkey is a platform not only for large companies but also for small businesses and ordinary internet users. It allows you to conduct daily surveys of a multi-million member audience, collect information from respondents, and analyze statistics. Both free and professional versions of the system are available.
But what about the security of this service? Is SurveyMonkey truly anonymous?
You can find our previous article about Cash App anonymity here.
What is SurveyMonkey?
SurveyMonkey was created in 1999 by programmer Ryan Finley, who sold control of the company to investment funds 10 years later. The company operates in 15 languages, works in 29 currencies, and has over 14 million customers worldwide.
SurveyMonkey is the undisputed world leader in this field. Moreover, the company itself does not conduct surveys but only provides tools for conducting them and analyzing the results.
In The questions developed by SurveyMonkey relate to various areas of life and activity. In particular, they help in market research and allow you to get data about consumers, their level of product satisfaction, etc.
The service is useful in the work of product managers to collect information about the target audience and customer service departments to understand the level of satisfaction with goods and services. Using the available tools, it is possible to analyze the motivation and involvement of company employees, organize a meeting or presentation, and study market trends.
Note: SurveyMonkey will be of interest to representatives of the education sector, because it can be used to develop new curricula and conduct quick online tests among students.
The created questionnaires can be published on social networks or the company’s website and sent out by email. The platform provides filters for advanced reports and graphs with detailed data. The service allows sending out created forms, connecting tools for analyzing the collected data and sharing the final conclusions with employees.
There are many tools for collaboration, the possibility of creating tests and exercises with automatic grading, as well as customizable branding of the organization with the addition of a logo, website URL, and colors. The resulting forms can be exported in the following formats CSV, PDF, PPT, and XLS.
Do you want to create an anonymous website? Here are the possible ways.
Functions and benefits
- Creation and distribution of survey forms.
- Tools for analyzing the received data.
- The ability to build tests and exercises with up automatic scoring.
- The option of customizable branding of the company — a color scheme, logo and a website address.
- Generating reports.
- There is a free plan that allows surveying up to 100 site visitors.
- Paid versions have advanced functionality for professional use.
- Various types of questions and survey scenarios.
- The survey form can be embedded on a website, published on a page in a social network, or sent by email.
- Creating a questionnaire yourself from scratch or using a template.
- The resulting data is converted to different formats (.xls, .ppt, .csv, and others) for further processing.
- The results can be filtered and grouped, and graphs and reports are created accordingly.
- It is possible to work in multi-user mode.
- The platform is available in any browser.
- There are applications for smartphones.
- Data exchange with third-party services.
- the interface is somewhat overloaded (due to the extensive functionality of the service).
Also, users can follow step-by-step suggestions when creating a survey. In case of difficulties, there is an option of contacting the support service.
What about the price?
SurveyMonkey offers both free and paid plans. The good news is that the free basic plan is ideal for simple surveys of 10 questions with 100 answers. In addition, you can create an unlimited number surveys.
The paid plans that SurveyMonkey offers are subscription-based, and there are a few more options:
- Free or BASIC package with the number of questions in one survey restricted to 10 and the absence of many tools, including branding, A/B testing, and a number of other functions.
- Individual PREMIER and ADVANTAGE packages are paid annually; STANDARD package is paid monthly.
- Group packages (from 3 users) – TEAM PREMIER and TEAM ADVANTAGE packages are also paid annually at a per-user rate, ENTERPRISE plans are calculated case-by-case by the service managers.
How to decide: If you really need all the bells and whistles, then SurveyMonkey is what you need.
Is SurveyMonkey truly anonymous?
The developers of the web resource do not hide that SurveyMonkey is not an anonymous service. However, they provide users with the opportunity to create anonymous surveys, in which the creator and respondents cannot be identified.
However, even if the user chooses the function of creating an anonymous survey, the service still collects data about the survey participants. The survey authors will have access to all the respondents’ data, including names, phone numbers, IP addresses and much more.
So, the service definitely cannot be called an anonymous platform. Therefore, despite all the advantages of using this site, it is worth considering whether it is necessary to use it or you can look for an alternative.
The list of anonymous chat apps to stay in touch are listed here.
The SurveyMonkey online platform is an excellent service with a wide range of tools. However, to get the most out of working in the system, you need to spend a little time identifying the optimal survey parameters.
Of course, for the effective work of marketers and product managers, the functionality of the paid version will be required. However, thanks to the intuitive interface, everything is effortless, and you can easily cope with your tasks.
It allows creating and sending surveys that can collect valuable data: the interests of the target audience and the degree of trust in the company, the contact details of respondents, the demand of users for certain goods or services, and much more.
However, do not forget that this is not an anonymous service. Therefore, if you care about your safety and the safety of potential respondents, then this service is not for you.
Anonymous file sharing services for all occasions.